Planning a wedding can be a lot of work, and notably a little stressful on the bride and groom but it doesn't have to be! There are a lot of little things you can do to make sure you have a truly wonderful and magical wedding. Here are my top five favorites to make sure your wedding is a truly magical experience.
1) Realize that this wedding is for the two of you - This is your big day, not anyone else's! The ceremony and party is a celebration of your love and commitment to one and another. Don't let anyone run you over with their ideas or what they think you should do. It is okay to say "No." If you are like me, saying no and standing up for yourself can be hard. My personal recommendation for this is to have a trusted friend or wedding planner who is willing to stand up for you and what you want on your special day.
2) Budget - Weddings are notoriously expensive; this is why it's important to set a budget. Once your budget is set, I would look at services within your set price ranges. It is really easy to look at services that are over your budget and get caught up fantasizing about having them be part of your wedding day. This often leads you down the road of overspending!
3) Take Engagement Photos- A lot of photographers offer engagement photos with their wedding packages. This will help you not only feel more confident in front of the lens but also make sure that you have picked the right photographer for the job!
4) Create a wedding timeline - This will help you figure out how long everything is going to take. I would also build in a little bit of extra time on all the events for a good 20 minutes on the end just to make sure you aren't rushing and you are actually enjoying the day!
5) The kiss- This is the most important part of the wedding ceremony you, of course, want to be sure you have a photo of it! Don't let it be just a little peck, give it a real kiss, one that lasts a good while but not so long that anyone feels uncomfortable.
Congratulations on your engagement I hope this wedding guide will help your special day be a little more magical! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can help with. Stay magical!